A matcha latte is delicious and can provide that morning or afternoon jolt. What I love about making this homemade is that I choose the matcha and can keep the sugar low. Many coffee-based establishments where you can order a matcha latte tend to use a matcha and sugar mix.
It has been a relatively mild winter, but that doesn’t stop me from making this a favorite morning start to my day. I know that it can be great for you as well!
In this post, you will learn how to make a simple matcha latte.
A matcha latte is delicious, refreshing, and so simple to make. It is the perfect pick up a the start of the day. It also goes well with any milk and it can easily be iced! Check out this simple process and make your own right away! 🍵 @rishitea #matcha #matchalatte #greentea #lansdalepa #phillytok #teatime #teablogger
- 1 Matcha Bowl You can use a regular bowl if you do not have a matcha bowl
- 1 Matcha Whisk Bamboo or a regular if you don't own a matcha whisk
- 1 Kettle This is to heat the water to temperature
- 1 Tea Spoon To scoop matcha
- 1 Milk Frother This can be anything that heats and froth's milk OR you can simply heat the milk
- 1 tsp Ceremonial Matcha
- 2 oz Water at 165 degrees
- 5 oz Milk of your choice
- Take a minute to gather all of your ingredients and materials needed to make your latte
- Heat your water to 165, while you wait, soak your bamboo whisk
- Take a teaspoon of your matcha and add it to your matcha bowl
- Add 2 ounces of your heated water to the matcha bowl
- Whisk the matcha vigoriously for about a minute until the matcha has a foamy consistancy
- Take 5 oz of your milk and add it to your frother of choice OR heat it up
- Add your milk slowly to your tea in the matcha bowl
- Sip and enjoy!
The ease at which you can make your first matcha latte is awesome. Only a few ingredients are needed. One suggestion I have is to make sure you use ceremonial-grade matcha. This tends to be higher quality, which I like for a drink. That will add to the deep flavor of the beverage. This recipe can also be done iced as well! It is perfect on a hot summer morning.
This post has been about how to make a simple matcha latte.